August 18, 2022
What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea Disorder?
Sleep apnea is a severe condition while you sleep in which you experience repeatedly breathing, stopping, and starting. You may suffer from sleep apnea if you snore loudly and feel tired even after a whole night's sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea is the common form of sleep apnea that occurs when your throat muscles relax.
- Central sleep apnea, in which your brain doesn't send proper signals to your muscles that control breathing.
- Complex sleep apnea syndrome occurs when someone suffers from both obstructive and central sleep apnea.
If you think you have sleep apnea, you should visit a sleep apnea clinic for treatment because it can ease your symptoms and help prevent heart problems and other severe complications.
Signs and Symptoms
The Signs of obstructive and central sleep apnea Montrose overlap, making it difficult to determine your type. Here are some common signs and symptoms of obstructive and central sleep apneas, including:
- Loud snoring
- When you stop breathing during sleep
- A long gasp for air during sleep
- Awakening with a dry mouth
- Morning headache, which may lead to difficulty staying asleep
- Too much daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
- Difficulty paying attention while awake and confusion all the time
- Irritability and Frustration
When to see a doctor
People don't know they are suffering from sleep apnea, but your bed partner may feel some signs of sleep apnea. So you should visit sleep apnea clinic 77019 if you have sleep apnea symptoms. And you can also ask your dentist about sleep problems that you fatigued, sleepy, and irritable.
Causes for sleep apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea may occur when muscles in the back of the throat relax. When the muscles relax, your airways narrow and close as you breathe. When your body doesn't get enough air, which can lower the oxygen level in your blood, your brain senses the ability to breathe in or reopens your airways go away. This awakening is usually so short that you don't remember it. So in that condition, you should contact the doctor for sleep apnea near me for treatment.
Sleep apnea is a critical medical condition that may include:
- Repeated awakenings are associated with sleep apnea, which may result in daytime drowsiness, fatigue, and irritability.
- If you have difficulty concentrating and find yourself falling asleep at work, watching television, or even when driving which may result in an accident, you should immediately visit sleep apnea clinic 77027.
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea, you have quick-tempered, moody, or depressed.
- Children and adolescents with sleep apnea may perform poorly academically or have behaviour problems.
- A sudden drop in oxygen blood level during sleep apnea results in high blood pressure or strains the cardiovascular system.
- Obstructive sleep apnea may increase the risk of recurrent heart attack, stroke, or abnormal heartbeats. Suppose you suffer from heart disease or multiple episodes of low blood oxygen. In that case, this can lead to sudden death from an irregular heartbeat.
So if you find any signs and symptoms of sleep apnea, you should immediately visit your dentist for treatment of sleep apnea near me.